NCD Workshop 2007
This year's NCD Workshop took place on June 18th and 19th at ETI in Amsterdam. We would like to express our thanks to the ETI BioInformatics?
in the Netherlands for hosting the event and to the Gordon & Betty Moore Foundation for most of the funding.
Please see the meeting report, which is available at the foot of this page, for the meeting highlights.
brought attendees up-to-date on current developments. As background, an introduction to the TDWG technical architecture was provided by Roger Hyam (TDWG). This presentation is available from the Technical Architecture Group (TAG) wiki at http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/TAG/ArchTalk
The creation of the NCD ontology resulting from the move to RDF/OWL was outlined by Markus Döring, whose presentation is available as a PDF file at the foot of this page and additional reading about ontology modelling is available from the EDIT site at http://wp5.e-taxonomy.eu/wiki/OntologyModelling
The rest of the day was devoted to reports on the current status of the work described in the NCDListOfDeliverables
concentrated on developing a stable version of NCD so that work on the NCDToolkit and other deliverables could proceed with confidence.
Workshop deliverables - see documents at the foot of this page
- Introduction to RDF/OWL modelling.
- First draft of NCD RDF schema and vocabulary.
- First draft list of terms for use with NCD picklists with definitions for use in the TDWG ontology.
- Draft of the NCD Primer. NCD User Guide to follow.
- Workshop Report.
The Workshop took place in June - about half-way through the 2007 work period, which started at the beginning of April and finishes in time for the TDWG 2007 conference in September. This allowed the review of progress to date and agreement on subsequent actions.
- Addink, Wouter (ETI, Amsterdam)
- Altenburg, Ruud (ETI, Amsterdam)
- Butler, Carol (Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC)
- Döring, Markus (BGBM, Berlin)
- Holland, Doug (Mobot, St. Louis, MO)
- Hyam, Roger (TDWG, Edinburgh)
- Mathé, Barbara (AMNH, New York, NY)
- Rinaldo, Connie (Harvard, Boston, MA)
- Thomson, Neil (NHM, London)
- Waibel, Günter (OCLC, San Francisco, CA)
- 26 Jan 2007